Banana bread is one of my favorite comfort foods in the fall. But, finding a gluten free, sugar free* recipe was next to impossible (or was just WAY too complicated). So, I found a few recipes I liked and adapted them to what I wanted. And, the result? A super easy, fuss-free banana bread that doesn’t taste like you’re missing A THING.
*the gluten free baking flour I use has a small amount of sugar in it. But, it’s so minimal I don’t mind.
3 ripe bananas
1/3 cup melted butter (or substitute with 1/3 cup coconut oil)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup Agave (or 1/2 cup pure maple syrup)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon (more if desired)
1 1/2 cups gluten free flour baking mix (I use the Aldi gluten free pancake mix)
Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a 4×8 loaf pan with nonstick spray or butter.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas until almost smooth, but still a bit lumpy. Stir in melted butter.
- Mix in baking soda and salt.
- Add Agave, egg, vanilla and cinnamon. Stir in the flour and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake 50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool and serve!